Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Swimmin' circa 1908

I'm gearing up for another jam-packed year of drawing (a picture book, the final Lucky novel, and a second graphic novel, among other projects). To loosen up, I've been trying to do some sketches and paintings using materials that I haven't used before or haven't used for awhile. This was very loosely drawn on Fabriano hot press paper with a pencil then finished with ink (Hunt 102 nib and Liquid Acrylic ink) with an ink wash and some watercolor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh - I like it!

Also? The review of The Storm in the Barn ran yesterday at Guys Lit Wire.

Lauren Castillo said...

Nice! The line feels very etching-like :)

Matt Phelan said...

Someday I'm going to try etching. Someday...

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Your style is simply wonderful :)