Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New York Events This Week

Here's a picture of little Mabel. Do you like it? Do you like it like it? Well, it can be yours if you go to the ABC's Not a Dinner and (Mostly) Silent Auction next Tuesday. There's mingling, the announcement of the E.B. White Award winner, David Weisner's keynote speech, and an auction of work by a gaggle of children's book illustrators. If you see me, be sure to say hello.

And don't forget I'll be in Brooklyn this Saturday for the Graphic Novel for Kids Spectacular event at WORD! It will live up to its name!

7 comments:

Michael Startzman said...

I love it! Makes me wish I lived a few hundred miles closer to NY this weekend too!

Michelle Henninger said...

I love little Mabel and her umbrella! That was one of my favorite sequences from "Storm in the Barn."

Have fun signing not singing at WORD.

anne said...

Mabel is joyfully singing in the rain! Hope you have a blast & Mabel reaps lots ~ is it going toward a charity?

Matt Phelan said...

Thanks, everyone! Anne Renee, it benefits independent children's bookstores. Sadly, this is like a charity nowadays.

Lauren Castillo said...

So sorry I didn't get to make it to WORD on Saturday, Matt. Hope there was a huge turnout! I will be at the ABC auction on Tuesday though! Look forward to catching up with you there :)

Matt Phelan said...

Hey, Lauren. Sorry you couldn't make it. There was a good turnout and it was a lot of fun. You did miss some excellent post-event shuffleboard though...

See you Tuesday!

Ben Hatke said...

Darling.