Monday, September 28, 2009

Upcoming Events and a Review!

Howdy, folks! I have a busy weekend coming up and hopefully I'll see some of you at one of these events.

On Saturday (10/3), I'll be at the New York Public Library to take part in Elizabeth Bird's monthly series of literary salon-esque discussions. This month's topic is Children's Book Illustrators Who Are Now Dabbling Also In The World of Comics And Graphic Novels (or something to that effect). Also on hand will be my pal Jarrett Krosoczka (Lunch Lady!) and Geoffrey Hayes (Benny and Penny!). The fun starts at 4 pm sharp.

On Sunday (10/4), I'll be in Baltimore for the New Atlantic Independent Booksellers Association (NAIBA) conference. I'll be signing Storm in the Barn at 6:30 pm in the exhibit hall and then taking part in the Bedtime Stories event at 10:30 pm (prior to that, there's a fair to middling chance I'll be found at the Noir Bar...).

And lastly, I'd like to point you over to the great site Comic Book Resources for a review from the always entertaining Comics Should Be Good blog!

And lastly lastly, the above sketch was a discarded cover concept. Close but no cigar.

No comments: